Produced and presented by Carly Dober.
I attended an incredible panel discussion that the Climate and Health Alliance (CAHA) facilitated.
The panel shared their knowledge about the issues surrounding the topic, as well as the solutions that exist.
The event was facilitated by CAHA President Dr Rebecca Patrick, a Senior Lecturer in the School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University.
- Dr Cybele Dey - Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Tamara Cavenett - President, Australian Psychological Society
- Associate Professor Fiona Charlson - NHMRC Research Fellow at the Queensland Centre of Mental Health Research and School of Public Health, University of Queensland
- Professor Alan Rosen - Australian Health Services Research Institute, University of Wollongong; Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney
- Carol Ride - Founder and Acting Executive Director, Psychology for a Safe Climate
- Georgia Langmaid - Planetary Health Project Officer, Enliven Victoria
Please ensure to check out their website
And the report referenced during the discussion for more context- How Climate Change Affects Mental Health in Australia