Rich talks to John Fry, Environmental Projects Manager at Skillset, former Landcare co-ordinator, experienced land manager and now Greens councillor on Bathurst Regional Council. What John doesn’t know about sustainability in the Central West isn’t worth knowing!
John was born and bred in the Central West and knows the land — and the effects of climate change on it — like the proverbial back of his hand. His insight, and warning that we can’t continue on a “business-as-usual” approach, serve as a stark warning for the climate deniers and developers.
John also talks about recycling, the long-term future of agriculture in the Central West, his own journey and the difficulty in raising climate change issues before parliamentarians and councillors.
Enjoy the episode!Support Climactic
- John Fry | Greens on Council
- Landcare Australia Landcare Australia
- Bathurst, New South Wales - Wikipedia
- Skillset Environment | Renewable Energy | Sustainability |
- Bathurst ranks third in Australia for hotter average temperatures | Western Advocate — Australian National University Climate Change Institute data on Bathurst
- Climate Change in the Central West of NSW — Central West Local Land Services Regional Strategic Plan
- Experts talk tough on drought conditions at information session | Western Advocate — MORE than 100 farmers from across the Central Tablelands expressed their fears and concerns over the widespread drought at an information session in Bathurst. Currently, 100 per cent of the Central Tablelands has been declared in drought (68.3 per cent) or ‘drought onset’ (31.7 per cent).