AYCC, the Australian Youth Climate Coalition, is an environmental advocacy group famous in Australia for it's laser focus on youth. All AYCC staff and volunteers are under 30. In this episode Mark sits down with one of AYCC's organizers, Nick Carter, who is working to expand the organization to Northern Queensland, home to both the Great Barrier Reef, world-class institute of reef study James Cook University, and the headquarters of the Adani mine corporation, behind Australia's most objectionable new coal mine. They discuss activism, how youth activism differs, the dynamics of working for a volunteer-driven organization, and much more.
Producer - Caleb Fidecaro
Composer - Greg Grassi - https://soundcloud.com/chambresband
Designer - Abby Hawkins - http://www.abigailhawkins.com/
Advisor - Gretchen Miller - https://preventioncentre.org.au/resources/podcasts/
- Australian Youth Climate Coalition — We are the Australian Youth Climate Coalition A movement of over 150,000 people who are fighting for a safe climate for our generation and future generations. Join now to be part of changing the course of history.
- For the Love of the Reef — AYCC's annual flagship event, For the Love of the Reef is coming up next week, so get involved if it speaks to you.
- Adani — No Means No — The Wangan and Jagalingou Traditional Owners are fighting to defend our lands from Adani – a foreign, multi-billion dollar company.
- Stop Adani — Stopping Adani Coal is the Fight of Our Times
- Seed Indigenous Youth Climate Network — YOUNG, BLACK AND POWERFUL
- Mark's Drawdown playlist on YouTube
- Climactic's Facebook group
- Climactic's new YouTube channel!