Ever wondered about the phrase ‘think globally, act locally’? Or how your local community could transition to zero emissions? Well we are stoke to say that this visionary work is underway right now! In this episode we chat with the delightful Imogen Jubb, Australian National Manager of Zero Carbon Communities, a Beyond Zero Emissions initiative. Imogen has had an impressive sustainability focused career, beginning in ecology, then climate change communications and now on one of the biggest and most promising solutions, transitioning communities at scale to beyond zero emissions. She has authored the Zero Carbon Communities guide and was the principal director of the Australian Local Government Climate Review 2018. She is an elected Board Member of the Australian Energy Foundation and previously worked with the Bureau of Meteorology and CSIRO where she co-authored reports with some of Australia’s leading climate-change scientists. Listen in to hear all about this, and how Imogen has sustained her passion and connection with this challenging work.
And for those who identify as women out there, if you feel inspired and could benefit from leadership support, check out the Womens Environmental Leadership Australia who are now taking applications for 2020. So much going on. Get amongst it!!Support Climactic
- The People’s Climate Assembly – Federal Parliament (Canberra) – Climate change protests Australia
- The Peoples Climate Assembly - Federal Parliament
- Wellbeing Archives - The Commons
- Zero Carbon Communities - Beyond Zero Emissions
- Womens Environmental Leadership Australia | Women's Environmental Leadership Australia
- BZE Radio Show - Beyond Zero Emissions